Zomato is one of the most popular restaurant listing guide services available in India, if not the most popular. The service has a listing of more than 42,000 restaurants across all the major cities in India and is among the most successful start ups from India. One key advantage Zomato has over its competitors is that it has a dedicated app for all the major mobile platforms – Android, iOS and WP7 platforms.
The Android version of the app is good enough to get the job done, but has a very ugly UI. Thankfully, Zomato has released a major update for the Android and iOS version of the apps with a completely revamped UI. The new UI of the app looks much more beautiful and makes navigation a breeze compared to before.
Zomato has also added the ability to the ability to sign up/in via Facebook or Google, allowing you to follow your friends, see their recommendations, reviews etc. The update is already live in the Play Store and can be downloaded for free. The iOS version of the app has also got a similar update with new UI and features.
In other app update related news, Google has just released a major update for the Google Drive app on Android and iOS. Below is the huge change-log of the Google Drive update for Android – :
1. Create folder, upload to folder and move to folder
2. Filter folder contents by file type
3. Option to auto-sync pinned content while on 3G
4. Richer Google Presentations viewing experience
5. Basic table support in Documents Editor
6. Create, reply and resolve comments in Documents Editor
7. View and change fonts in Documents Editor
8. Pinch to zoom in Documents Editor
9. Print files using Google Cloud Print
10. Option to resume interrupted uploads
The iOS update also adds all the above features, along with the ability to edit documents and much more.