Xiaomi, one of the leading mobile Internet companies in China, has finally forayed into the Indian market with a range of Mi smartphones and an exclusive partnership with Flipkart.
The first Mi smartphone that Xiaomi has launched in India is the Mi 3. Priced at ₹13,999, Mi 3 will go on sale on July 22 while the pre-registrations are now open at www.flipkart.com/Mi, and will continue till July 21 midnight.
Mi 3 is powered by Xiaomi’s Android-based platform – MIUI. MIUI is a live operating system constantly improving with frequent software updates, and offers a high degree of customisation.
“Mi 3 is the fastest Mi phone ever. We are very excited to offer one of the world’s most powerful smartphones in India at an incredibly affordable price point of INR 13,999. We hope Indian users will love MIUI, our super intuitive Android-based operating system.”
– Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi Global
In addition, Xiaomi has also announced two other smartphones – the Redmi 1S and the Redmi Note – which will be launched over the next few weeks. The 4.7-inch Redmi 1S is priced at ₹6,999 while the 5.5-inch octa-core Redmi Note is priced at ₹9,999.
According to Manu Jain, India Operations Head for Xiaomi, the company is starting with 35+ service centers across top 20 cities along with a hotline that operates 7 days a week to ensure a robust after-sale service and a hassle-free customer experience. There are also two exclusive Mi service centers in Delhi and Bangalore.
Mi 3 Specifications
- 5-inch Full HD 1080p IPS display
- 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800AB processor
- 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-LED flash
- 3050 mAh internal battery
How to Order Mi 3 in India
- Head to Flipkart, and login using your account.
- Register for the sale on the Mi Store (www.flipkart.com/Mi)
- On July 22, buy the device. Note that only customers who register before July 22 will be able to purchase their Mi 3 on the sale day.