Earlier this year, LG launched the amazing LG Spectrum at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2012 in Las Vegas. It is the company’s second smartphone with 4G LTE capabilities. This handset is exclusively available for the Verizon Wireless subscribers in the US. The LG Spectrum originally runs on the old Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) Operating System. However, Verizon has already announced its Android 4.0 update plans for a number of smartphones including the LG Spectrum.
Verizon will soon roll out a new software update for the LG Spectrum. No, this is not the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update for which you have been waiting for months. However this update comes with many fixes and improvements. It also bring the updated version of the apps including the NFL, VZ Navigator, Amazon Kindle, My Verizon and more. Check out the complete specs after the break.
- EAS password follows security policy, requiring an 8-digit password minimum.
- Application launch will not cause force close when the device is scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Improved outline for multiple calendar view.
- Calendar reminders send notification at accurate time.
- Successfully sync Optimum Online accounts using POP3.
- Pinch zoom in Camera Preview mode to select zoom level.
Web Browsing & Email:
- Sync and Connect email maximum count is 500 regardless of server settings.
- Browser launches immediately upon selection.
- Added ‘Select Search Engine’ option in browser settings.
- Google Search is now set as default search for a better user experience.
Applications & Widgets:
- Google GMS (Google Mobile Services) is upgraded to Gingerbread R9.
- Updated Google Play (v3.3.12) with enhanced user experiences.
- Updated Gmail (v188.8.131.52) with a series of security fixes.
- Talk2 (v1.3) includes updated video chat capabilities.
- Updated YouTube (v2.3.4) includes enhanced editing functionality.
- Visual Voice Mail connection has been updated for a better user experience when syncing email.
- NFL v4.0
- VZ Navigator (v184.108.40.206)
- Amazon Kindle (v220.127.116.11)
- SmartShare (R2.0)
- Verizon Video (v6.1.34)
- My Verizon (v10.0.7)
- V CAST Apps (v3.03.41)
The latest update is numbered VS920ZV5 and it bumps the LG Spectrum to Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) Operating System. This update can be easily downloaded via OTA (Over-The-Air). Verizon will roll out this update within a few days. If you do not get this update on your smartphone, then just go to Home > Applications > Settings > About Device > System updates and check for the update. To learn more, head over to this page or check out this PDF file.