Verizon was the only carrier in the US which shipped Galaxy Note II with the multi-window feature out-of-the-box. Other major carriers such as Sprint and AT&T recently started rolling out this update. Now, US Cellular finally joined the bandwagon and rolled out the multi-window update for the Galaxy Note II owners.
The latest update is numbered R950VXALL1 and it bumps the Galaxy Note II to Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). Apart from that, it brings split screen functionality, minor UI changes, fixed Burst mode issues and a number of preloaded apps such as City ID, Daily Perks, Your Navigator Deluxe, Amazon Shopping, Amazon MP3 and much more. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Split screen functionality (Multi-Window)
- When taking pictures using “Burst” mode sometimes when you go to gallery, pictures would not be displayed.
- Device would occasionally toggle between 3G and 1X
- Could not search images by search option in My files
- City ID – v. 1.25.1
- Daily Perks – v. 4.5.14
- Your Navigator Deluxe – v. 3.1.4
- Tone Room Deluxe – v. 2.0.31
- Gameloft Portal – v. 2.1.1
- Mobi TV – v. 220.127.116.11-216355
- Amazon Apps – v. 2.6.53
- Amazon Audible – v. 1.3.9
- Amazon IMDB – v. 18.104.22.168730110
- Amazon MP3 – v. 2.7.5
- Amazon Shopping – v. 2.0.2
- Amazon Zappos – v. 2.5.1
- Amazon Kindle – v. 22.214.171.124
- Slacker Radio – v. 3.2.1062
- In drop down menu “Sync” was replaced with “Multi-Window” option
- Sound icon color was changed from Fray to Green.
The latest can be easily downloaded via OTA (Over-The-Air). It is advised to backup all of your data and completely charge the battery before upgrading the device. If you still haven’t received this update, then just go to Settings > About > Software Updates and check for the update.