A few months ago, Twitter released their official Twitter application for iPhone and the iPad along with the brand new web UI. Today, the folks over at Twitter released a major update for the official Twitter client for Android. The new update brings many new enhancements like Pull To Refresh and Swipe to Reveal etcetera.
Here is the full change-log from the official Twitter blog :
* Tweet details page – We changed the layout of the timeline and introduced a Tweet details page, which you can access by simply clicking on a Tweet. This feature which is already available in Twitter for iPhone, Twitter for iPad and Twitter for Windows Phone makes it easier to click on links and reply to, retweet, or favorite a Tweet.
* Speed – The app is now even faster. In this version, we’ve tried a new way of drawing a timeline of Tweets that optimizes for scrolling speed. Try it out, and you’ll see how much faster and smoother the timeline loads and scrolls.
* Polish – We added some more nice touches to the application as well
* Pull to Refresh – This popular feature, which was first available through our iPhone app, functions just as it sounds when you’re at the top of your timeline, simply pull down to load new Tweets.
* Swipe to Reveal – Swipe across a Tweet to get quick access to several options, such as viewing a user’s profile, sharing a tweet, or replying.
* Quote a Tweet – Clicking the retweet icon now gives you the option to quote a Tweet. Of course, you can still retweet as you normally would
* Hi-res avatar photos
The new version of Twitter For Android is already available on the Android market. It will run on devices running Android 2.1 and above.