T-Mobile has started rolling out the Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1 update for the HTC One S. The update comes more than a month after the International and AT&T One X, the EVO 4G LTE and the European One S got the update.
Below is the official change-log from T-Mobile -:
- Android version 4.0.4 / Software version 2.35.531.7 710RD
- Updated 9/26/2012
- Helps with data connection delay
- Helps with signal fluctuations
- Helps with Wi-Fi dropping connection or not connecting
- Helps with Wi-Fi stays connected when out of range
- Helps with device crashes or restarts
- Helps with email links do not open
- Helps with loading screens or lag when returning to home screen
- Helps with streaming music skips
- Improved Wi-Fi stability
- User interface improvements
- Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity
While Android 4.0.4 mainly contained some bug-fixes, the Sense 4.1 update should bring about a decent speed boost. Most importantly, the update brings the ability to re-map the Recents app capacitive key to either the legacy menu button on a single press.
The 150MB OTA update is already live, and should be available to your One S within a couple of weeks.