A new version of Swype for Symbian^1 (S60 5th Edition) devices has been released. The new version is numbered 12936 and it comes with a wide range of fixes and enhancements. The latest version of Swype includes new languages and dictionary support, enhanced word prediction, improved performance for backspace, better tapping performance and more. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Issues with settings changes taking effect are resolved
- Haptic feedback behavior has been improved and audio feedback support has been removed
- Several UI changes including font sizes + word choice window
- Triple tap in the X6 ICF no longer crashes application
- Bringing up a diacritic menu and dragging to it no longer crashes application
- Rotating with the word choice window open no longer crashes application
- Crash on Page Up/Page Down/End/Home when there is no text in ICF is resolved
- Second word is no longer always capitalized
- Issues while receiving or on a call have been resolved
- Backspace now works in Qt/WRT applications
- Keymapping has been finalized (Tab has been removed)
- Conditional behavior for password fields has improved
- “Do not show this tip” functionality has been added to Tips
- Drawing artificacts related to word choice window, secondary popups and rotation have been fixed
Swype is currently available only for Symbian S60v5 touchscreen devices including Nokia C6-00, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia N97, Nokia N97mini, Nokia 5230 and Nokia X6. To download swype, head over to this page.