If you own an Android handset, chances are you must be using Swiftkey X keyboard. The keyboard has awesome prediction abilities, and actually learns your typing style as time passes by. A couple of months ago, the Swiftkey team had released a new beta version of their keyboard known as Swiftkey 3.
The new version brought about a slightly redesigned layout, a better prediction system, a bigger space bar with an intelligent space bar prediction system that will totally eliminate the use of the space bar. While the keyboard does not really eliminate the use of the space bar, the new improved prediction system is definitely a noticeable improvement over Swiftkey X.
Swiftkey 3 is still in beta though, and a new beta of the keyboard was released yesterday. The new beta fixes some bugs, improves the prediction algorithms and provides a much better and consistent punctuation key behavior. There are some other bug-fixes and changes as well. Here is the full change-low of the beta 3 update -:
- Improved prediction algorithms
- Better, more consistent punctuation key behavior
- Smarter Smart Space functionality (which will make it easier to enter email addresses etc)
- A refined experience in Google Chrome Beta
- Fixed missing predictions on the longpress of @ and .com
- Improved gestures
- Eliminated lag on letter pop-ups
- Various other minor bug fixes and usability improvements