It was a month ago that HTC started rolling out the Android 3.2 Honeycomb update for the HTC Flyer in Europe. Today, HTC and Sprint have started rolling out the Honeycomb update for the Sprint’s version of the Flyer, the EVO View 4G.
The update with the version number 2.23.651.1 weighs in a little over 217MB in size, so EVO View 4G owners are recommended to use Wi-Fi to download the update. The jump from Gingerbread to Honeycomb was quite a big one, and brings in quite a lot of big changes including H/W acceleration, new web browser, new Google Apps, new launcher, a tablet optimized UI and much more.
Below is the full change-log of the update-:
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Bar–which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen–is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Google video chat
- Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode