Sprint has started rolling out a minor software update for the Motorola Photon Q. Before you jump with excitement thinking its the Jelly Bean update, read the last statement again. The update is only a minor one and brings some bug-fixes, improvements and enhancements.
Below is the full change-log of the update -:
- Improved text messaging when requesting usage and upgradeability through Sprint Zone
- Select number of users to access Wi-Fi hotspot
- Random power cycle when using Wi-Fi Direct
- Manually send or auto-sync emails from outbox
- seamless international text messaging
- Faster launch and playback using the YouTube application
- Improved browsing with Google Chrome for Android Mobile Browser
- Improved MMS functionality
Well, Photon Q owners need to content themselves with this OTA update until Motorola and Sprint prepare the Jelly Bean update for the device. Considering that Motorola has not mentioned any exact timeframe as to when the Android 4.1.1 update will be available for the handset, the wait might just be a long one.
The OTA update will be available to all Photon Q owners within a couple of weeks. Alternatively, Q owners can keep tapping the Check for updates option under About Phone to manually pull the update from Sprint’s server.
Via – Sprint