Sprint recently rolled out a couple of software updates for the popular HTC EVO 4G LTE and Motorola Photon 4G smartphones. Google Wallet service on the EVO 4G LTE was broken from the day one. Thankfully, the latest update fixes this issue. On the other hand, the software update for Motorola Photon 4G brings support for full HD (1080p) video recording and playback.
The latest update for EVO 4G LTE is numbered 1.22.651.3 and it comes with important enhancements and fixes for Google Wallet, Wifi disconnect issue, time zone issue and much more. The Motorola Photon 4G software update brings enhancements for WiFi hotspot, improved music playback and so on. Check out the complete changelog after the break.
HTC EVO 4G LTE Update:
Description of enhancements/fixes:
- Google security updates
- Wifi disconnect issue
- Time zone issue
- Google Wallet fix
- Side loaded video pause issue
- Random power cycling issue
- Pioneer Bluetooth Car Kit connection issu
- Gallery app crash
- Calendar reminder (all day even time) issue
Motorola Photon 4G Update
- More easily import contacts from SD card.
- Improved music playback, both streaming from Amazon Cloud or Internet Radio services and music saved to the phone – minimizes occasional skips or -repeats
- Enhancements for WiFi hotspot in GSM/UMTS mode and adding new WiFi connections.
- Now supports 1080p HD video capture, and enhanced video settings for more responsive playback.
- Easier creating and accepting calendar meeting notices on the phone.
The size of the update for HTC EVO 4G LTE is just 42 MB. These updates will be easily available via Over-The-Air (OTA). You will be automatically notified when the update is available for your device. If you have not received the update, then just go to Home > Applications > Settings > About Device > System updates and check for the update.