Hot on the heels of the Jelly Bean update for the One X, HTC and Sprint have started rolling out the Android 4.1.1 update for the EVO 4G LTE. Apart from bringing all the usual Jelly Bean goodness like enhanced notification bar, Project Butter, the update also brings Sense 4+. The latest version of Sense brings a slightly improved camera app, and toned down animations for an improved user experience.
Below is the full change-log from Sprint -:
- WiFi Authentication Improvement
- Personalized ringtones
- Calendar event description hyperlinks and calendar reminder improvements
- Addition of Sprint Connections Optimizer
- Upgrade to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) with HTC Sense 4+
- Improved Browser performance
- Face Unlock Improvement
- Application Improvements to YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Maps, and more
- Improved Camera including Auto Portrait and Sightseeing Mode capabilities
- Improved Gallery with ability to display photos and video albums according to when or where taken
- Tap and Go function to connect the phone to select Beats Audio speakers
- HTC Get Started support to allow device set up from a computer
Since Sprint is rolling out the update in batches, it might not be available to all EVO 4G LTE owners immediately. However, users can manually pull the update from Sprint’s server by going to Settings -> About Phone and then selecting the Software Update option.