As promised by Sony, the company has started rolling out the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Xperia P. Sony had promised to roll-out the ICS update for the Xperia P sometime between August 16th to August 23rd, and the Japanese company has managed to keep its word.
The company in a blog post announced that it has started the Ice Cream Sandwich roll-out for the Xperia P in certain markets and will continue the roll-out globally over the next few weeks. The company has also posted a small change-log of the update which is as follows -:
- New ways to experience your media with new media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
The blog post from Sony also states that the OTA update might take some time to show up on your phone, so users are recommended to use Sony’s PC Companion software to install the update. The company also mentions that the ICS update for the Xperia U, Sola and go is also just around the corner.