Over the last week, Sony Ericsson has started rolling out a new software updated for their Xperia range of Android phones including the X10 and the X8. This new software update aims to bring pinch-to-zoom feature to the X10 and update the UXP UI found on the Xperia family.
Sony Ericsson have also improved the performance and stability of the Xperia X10’s and the X8 with this software update. Sadly, only the biggest member of the Xperia family the X10 gets the pinch-to-zoom feature support.
According to the Sony Ericsson Product Blog, other important changes in this software update include :
- Moxier in an updated version (2.7.13) that includes a great overview widget for e-mail, calendar and tasks.
- Moxier e-mail shown in Timescape.
- Possibilities of trimming videos in the phone.
- Videos are transcoded to fit into MMS-messages even if they were recorded in high quality.
- Minor changes to Mediascape with access to Now Playingin the top right corner.
Sony Ericsson has also enabled ANT+ support for the X8, the X10 Mini and Mini Pro handsets. ANT+ is a short-range communication technology will allow these handsets to wirelessly communicate with heart rate monitors and other devices. Readers can find more information about ANT+ technology here.
Owners of the Xperia handsets can update their handset by using Sony Ericsson’s PC Companion or directly via OTA (Over-The-Air).