BeetzStream SmartRss WM is an online/offline RSS reader and podcast manager for Windows Mobile devices. With BeetzStream SmartRss 4.0, you can enjoy your favorite RSS news and video/audio podcasts on your device without a desktop computer. Feature list:
- Easy navigation, One-hand operation support.
- RSS 2.0, 0.9x and RDF formats are supported.
- Customized player can be used for audio and video podcasts playback.
- Subscriptions size can be limited globally or individually.
- Feeds can be categorized.
- Application startup and content downloading can be scheduled.
- Today Screen plug-in support for Professional/Classic version.
The interesting feature of the SmartRSS is that it also supports podcasts. You just need fill in the RSS location and it will automagically download the mp3 files.
Unlike other Windows Mobile applications, this app is very user-friendly because of its huge onscreen buttons. The app is available for $9.89 USD, though its just a simple RSS app. Some basic apps on the Apple’s App store are available for as low as $0.99. But the touch friendly UI makes SmartRSS worth it.
You can also try out the trial version, which allows you to add up to 5 channels – everything else is functional. To use this app on your Windows phone you will require:
Techie-buzz Ratings: 2.5/5
What we like: The touch friendly UI
What we do not like: The at price at which it is available.