Samsung and Sprint have started rolling out the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the carrier’s greenest Android phone – the Replenish. This news might come as a surprise for the Replenish users out there, since I am sure they never really expected the Gingerbread update to land on their phone.
For the unknown, the Replenish comes with a 2.8-inch HVGA resolution screen, and is powered by a 600MHz processor. While certainly not the most powerful phone in Sprint’s line-up, it is the most eco-friendly and the greenest phone in its lineup.
Anyways, below is the full change-log of the update -:
- Upgraded OS from Froyo to Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
- Increased operationg system spped and efficiency
- One touch word selection and copy/past
- Improved power management
- Downloads Management
- SMS messaging fix
- Software version is: EK18
- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes
The update is being rolled out via an OTA and in stages, so it will not immediately show up on your phone. However, Sprint aims to complete the roll-out within the next 10 days.
Oh! and if any Replenish owners are hoping they would get the Ice Cream Sandwich update as well – Better give up the hope guys!