- Open Application Manager.
- Install the easy-deb-chroot package you’ve just downloaded.
- Click on the Debian chroot icon and type in the following code – apt-get install localepurge; localepurge
- Run the Debian Image Installer from your Extras menu.
- The actual image file will start downloading.
- Installation will begin automatically
- Reboot your phone when you get the congratulation message.
That’s all there is to it. It’s quite easy to follow if you keep the following warnings in mind:
- DO NOT fall short on memory space. 1.3 GB is a bare minimum. Keep more space free if you can.
- This is Debian that you are running on a Mobile device. It’s expected of it to under-perform. Some apps like iceweasel lag a lot.
Tested on : N900, N810, N800
Problems : Don’t try it directly on OS2008. Upgrade or downgrade to a different OS first and then install debian.