Press is hands down among the best Google Reader clients available on Android. It has been dubbed as the ‘Reeder’ for Android devices, which is no small feat.
Even then, Press is far from perfect. Until today, the app lacked background syncing notifications and had performance issues even on dual-core Android devices.
The developers of Press – TwentyFive Squares – pushed a new update to the app today which fixes most of the issues with the app and brings other new features. Below is the full change-log of the app -:
- Quick article navigation to go to next/previous articles
- Background/automatic syncing
- Sync on app launch
- Background syncing notifications
- New text-alignment options
- Show image title and URL in the image viewer. (xkcd fans rejoice!)
- Date and time formats now match device settings
- Article title is now included when sharing to social networks
- Lots of performance enhancements and bug fixes
If you are an avid Google Reader user and have not tried Press, you are missing out on probably the best way to access Google Reader on your Android device.