PowerAMP, one of the most popular music player on the Play Store, has received a major update to build 524. The new update brings a number of improvements and bug-fixes including support for paid themes in Android 4.2 running devices.
The update also adds support for MusicFX API and Huawei Dolby Mobile support wherever available, along with support for Android 4.2+ lock screen widget. The developer has also added support for multi-window allowing Galaxy S3 and Note 2 owners to simultaneously run PowerAMP with any other app side-by-side. The direct volume control bug that has been plaguing Android 4.2 users has also been fixed.
The full change-log is below – :
- fixed issue with 3rd party skins flashing
- updated localizations. Huge thanks to all crowdin.net translators!
- Route Media action bar button (JB 4.1.2+)
- JB 4.2+ lockscreen widget
- MusicFX API support (Settings-Audio-Advanced Tweaks)
- Huawei Dolby Mobile support (where available)
- full support for skins on JB+
- experimental multiwindow support for Samsungs
- Poweramp lockscreen rotation (large screens)
- fix for playlist/library being reset sometimes
- few other issues fixed
If you have not already, head over to the Play Store and try out PowerAMP now. It is feature rich, has a decent UI and is backed by an excellent developer.
Pocket Casts, a Podcasting app from Shifty Jelly, also got a major update to v4 today. The new version brings with it an absolutely stunning UI, a new tablet optimized UI, the ability to backup and restore the apps settings and much more. It also brings a bump in price to $4 (previously $3).
The update definitely makes Pocket Casts the best podcasting app out there, even though it still lacks Google Reader integration.