LevelUp Studio has released a major update to Plume today that bumps the version number to 5. The update brings with it new re-designed widgets, Facebook timeline support for the widgets, new Profile viewer, improved scrolling performance, stability and bug-fixes. The update also includes changes needed for Plume to support the new Twitter API v1.1.
- add support for columns for a single account (app and widgets)
- refresh the look of the widgets
- add support for Facebook in the widgets
- display the Twitter profile banner
- propose to resend a tweet when a picture upload fails
- smoother scrolling
- handle URL redirection on wifi hotspots that require a login
- add support for Twitter API 1.1 (off by default)
- fix issues with the Pull To Refresh
- fix issues with the picture cache
- fix issues with the event logger
While the update does make Plume more bearable to use, the app is still nowhere close to Falcon Pro or Carbon for Android in looks. The default theme is a complete mess with multiple colors making the app look like it has been designed by a kid. The dark theme is much better, and is my go-to choice. While Carbon and Falcon Pro definitely look much better than Plume, the latter absolutely trumps the former(s) in terms of features.
Falcon Pro, the current favorite Twitter app of the Android community, also got a bug-fixing update. The developer has also added subtle animations to the app, probably inspired from Carbon for Twitter.
The bug-fixes include improved timeline position handling, fixed rotated images on Sony/Samsung devices, and brings an option to load inline images on timeline on 2G/EDGE connections.
New option to get inline previews on 2G/EDGE
- New live streaming stays on top of the TL
- New screen transition animations
- New error dropdown when API limit reached
- Improved position holding
- Fixed rotated pics on Samsung/Sony devices
- Fixed auto refresh stopped on reboot
- Fixed tweetmarker
- Fixed in & out sharing
The update is already live in Play Store and can be downloaded from here.