Paid Android Apps Coming Soon In More Countries
By on September 24th, 2010

android market

Though Android Market has more than 80,000 apps, only free apps are available for most of us. According to AndroLib, 64.9% of apps in Android Market are free and the rest 35.1% are paid apps. Currently paid apps are available for purchase only in few countries including Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States.

Recently, Android Market Team sent an email to all the developers, which says that Google is planning to add more countries in the coming weeks. Check out the email sent to the developers below.

Hello,

We’re writing to inform you about some changes to Android Market that require your attention.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be adding paid apps support for additional countries. If you have selected to publish your paid apps to all locations and intend to support all new locations as we expand the number of supported countries for paid apps, you don’t have to do anything. If you have selected to publish your paid apps to all locations but intend to only target the currently supported 14 countries, please update your location selections to target these specific countries.

Please look for follow-up emails when we introduce paid apps support for specific additional countries in the coming weeks. At that time, you’ll have the option to target these specific countries.

Thanks, and we look forward to continue working with you on Android Market.

Sincerely,
The Android Market Team

This is definitely a good news since users from more countries will be able to purchase apps from the Android Market. We are still not sure which countries will be added to the list in the coming weeks.

[ Image Credit ]

Tags: ,
Author: Omkar Dutta Google Profile for Omkar Dutta
Omkar Dutta is a Mobile Enthusiast from Mumbai, India. He loves to check out latest software, mobile phones and web services. Currently, he writes for this awesome blog as well as Fone Arena. You can follow him on Twitter @0mkarr

Omkar Dutta has written and can be contacted at omkar@techie-buzz.com.
 
Copyright 2006-2012 Techie Buzz. All Rights Reserved. Our content may not be reproduced on other websites. Content Delivery by MaxCDN