OPPO today announced the launch of OPPO R5 at a global launch event that took place in Singapore. Measuring just 4.85mm in width, the R5 is the world’s thinnest full high-definition phone.
The R5 is the first smart phone to measure less than 5mm thick. It is built with first-grade steel and designed with a micro-arc frame to make the entire device smooth and strong.
Despite its thin frame, the R5 packs in an octa-core processor and features a 5.2-inch AMOLED display. The R5 is also the world’s first smartphone that uses phase-change material, keeping it at a constant cool temperature using OPPO’s patented heat dissipation technology – Cool Element – that protects its octa-core CPU, in turn prolonging the life of the phone. The R5 also comes with the VOOC mini rapid charging system.
“This phone has been developed with the end user in mind. We used cutting edge manufacturing techniques to create a phone that fits perfectly into the users’ hands, and that feels incredible. The frame has been forged nine times and then finished by hand to give a perfect sheen and feel. It has a quality that is not available anywhere else in the industry.”
– Sky Li, General Manager of OPPO’s overseas mobile phone business
The OPPO R5 comes in silver color and is priced at US$499, to be available in December this year. The company also announced that it would offer a Limited Gold Edition in future.
OPPO R5 Specifications
- Color OS 2.0 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5.2-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- 2GB RAM | 16GB internal memory
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash | 5MP front-facing camera
- 2000mAh battery with VOOC Rapid Charge