OPPO today announced the launch of OPPO N3 at a global launch event that took place in Singapore. The N3 is the world’s first smartphone to feature an automated swivel camera.
The OPPO N3 features a 16 megapixel rotating camera that has the ability to rotate 206 degrees and is capable of taking 64 megapixel high resolution images using its free-stop and multi-angle shooting features. Users can control the camera rotation in three ways – by O-click, gestures, and touch access.
The OPPO N3 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core CPU and is packed with 32G ROM and 2G RAM and a 5.5-inch screen made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3. With OPPO’s VOOC mini rapid charging system, a 30-minute charge will provide 75% battery, and a five-minute charge allows for a two-hour call.
“At OPPO, we firmly believe that our customers deserve a product that is specially designed for them. Design matters because it transforms technology from a tool into an essential part of our day to day life. OPPO’s N3 was built and designed with our users in mind. We took what our users loved about the N1 and made it even better. The N3 is a perfect demonstration of our commitment to design and innovation.”
– Sky Li, General Manager of OPPO’s overseas mobile phone business
The OPPO N3 comes in white color and is priced at US$649, and will be available sometime in December.
OPPO N3 Specifications
- Color OS 2.0.1 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5.5-inch (1080 ×1920 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.3GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- 2GB RAM | 32GB internal memory | Expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- 16MP rotating camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, OmniVision CMOS sensor
- Dual SIM (micro SIM + nano SIM)
- 8.7mm thick | 192 grams
- 3000mAh battery with VOOC fast charging