Third party launchers have always been one of Android’s strength. Back in the Ginerbread days, ADW LauncherEx and Launcher Pro offered unmatched customisability and features including themes support, multiple docks and more. With Android 4.0, a new bunch of launchers took over the Play Store. Nova Launcher has stood apart from the rest, thanks to a very long list of features, stability, performance and a very responsive developer.
The launcher got an update go v2.0 last night that contains a lot of new features. I guess the developer wanted to give a gift to all Nova users with such a massive update.
The massive change-log of all the new features and changes introduced in the latest version can be found below -:
- Custom Icon Size (Prime)
- Swipe actions on any desktop icon (Prime)
- Custom wallpaper cropping
- Increase maximum desktop grid size
- Infinite Scroll Drawer Setting
- Alphabetical list drawer style
- Small Icons Dock Setting
- Force wallpaper scrolling on USA SGS2
- Aggressive Desktop Setting (Keep in memory)*
- Lower memory usage
- Improve scrolling performance
- Fixes, optimizations and tuning
- *”Retrieve Running Apps” used for Aggressive Desktop and warning when multiple launchers are running
If you have not already, go ahead and give Nova Launcher a try on your Android device running Ice Cream Sandwich or higher.