Nokia has started rolling out the PR1.2 Harmattan update for the developer only – Nokia N950. The new update brings in quite a lot of welcome changes, including folder support, lock screen music controls, tons of bug fixes and much more.
For the less informed, the N950 is the developer variant of the N9 and comes with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard as well.
Below is the full change-log of the update –:
• Software update notifications for content in Nokia Store
• Face recognition for gallery and face tags for Facebook
• Support for folders in the application view
• Mail thread support in the Email client
• Extended copy-paste support
• Media sharing with DLNA compatible devices
• Compass support in Maps
• New font taken into use
• Front camera support
• Video editing support in the Gallery application
• Separate switch for controlling mobile background connections while roaming
• Camera: self timer, grid on/off control
• Clock alarm becomes silent by flipping the device face down instead of snoozing
• People view added to the grid toolbar in the gallery
• Audiobook and podcast support in the music player
• Ability to create playlists in the music player
• Ability to delete music files from music player library views via object menu
As you can see from the huge change-log above, the PR1.2 update packs in quite a lot of new features including some basic ones like front-camera support, new font, extended copy and paste etcetera. The PR1.2 update will also be rolled out to the Nokia N9 after the Finnish giant gives the build some final touches.