Today, Nokia rolled out the new firmware version 110.48.125 for its E75, up from its previous version 100.48.78 . You already know, how awesome E75 is.
The new firmware is available over-the-air(OTA) and its so simple to download.
Steps to download over-the-air:
- press *#0000# on your standby screen.
- Check your software version.
- If its prior to the latest version go to options>check for updates. It will give ask you connection to internet neededjust press yes.
- voila done.
The update is merely 5MB, will take hardly 10 minutes on good connection.
- The device seems faster, more snappy.
- The email list in the default email application loads much faster, specially if you have a lot of emails in the inbox. However, its still sluggish on the whole.
- The turn controls are gone. Yes gone. You can no longer turn to silence calls/alarms. Why would Nokia do this? I can’t imagine, so this is important to you take a call of whether you want the update.
- The seems to be no new’ feature, just basic bug fixes.
Hoping Nokia releases the change log soon.
If you can’t update from OTA, firmware must be available at NokiaSoftwareUpdate