Nokia has recently released a new firmware update for its ageing business communicator in a candy bar form-factor the Nokia E72.
The new firmware update carries the version number 54.005 and weighs in at only 1MB. The update brings the usual performance and stability improvements.
Here is the official change-log from All About Symbian :
- SIM Lock 3.0 and B2B Certificate, phase 1 added
- Startup settings baseline updated (wk47, 2010) (new dates etc.)
- After a hard reset or on first use, Camera shortcut is replaced with Ovi Store shortcut in the Home screen
- Removal of Ovi Files (service is now outdated)
- Vlingo application removed
Some E72 owners who updated to firmware v52 are also reporting improved camera performance, especially in Auto-Focus.
Since the E72 features UDP (User Data Preservation), users don’t need to make a backup of their data on the phone. The firmware update is being rolled out via OTA as well as via Nokia Software Updater/Nokia Ovi Suite.