Nokia has released a new firmware update for its mid-range business oriented handset the E52. The new firmware version is 54.003 and aims at improving the stability and performance of the handset.
The E52 sports a 2.4-inch screen with QVGA display and runs on Symbian S60v3. It also sports Wi-Fi, GPS, a microSD card slot and Bluetooth.
Here is a small un-official change-log of the firmware update :
- Issues with Java Apps download fixed
- Ovi files removed
- Camera shortcut is replaced with Ovi Store shortcut in homescreen
- Time zone issue for Vietnam fixed
- Some problems with Chinese characters solved
- Wrong internet APN issues fixed
- General System performance improved
- Ovi Maps updated
The firmware will be rolled out slowly and in batches by Nokia in the coming few days. The firmware update will be available via OTA (Over-The-Air) and via Ovi Suite or Nokia Software Updater (NSU) as well. Since the E52 features UDP (User Data Preservation), users don’t need to make a backup of their data before proceeding with the firmware update.