Nokia has released a major firmware update for the Nokia C5. The Nokia C5 is a mid-range S60v3 device from the Finnish giant which is powered by a 600 MHz ARM11 processor. The new firmware update for the C5 is numbered v61.005 and brings in boot loads of changes.
Here is the change-log from A2Phone :
- – memory leak is detected in during SRIT test round.
- – themes: The first theme in General theme menu is applied automatically after open theme from Settings.
- – Browser crashes after loading VF Germany Homepage
- – Nokia C5-00: C5 The default input is set strokes then changed into Pinyin automatically
- – RM-627_01_(3G), Cert non-pass: TC 188.8.131.52 (34.121) FDD2.
- – C5-00 mp3 song volume a bit lower
- – IHF speaker volume is lower after flashing with SW version 32.010
- – Voice quality issue related to VoIP default codec
- – Phone freeze when choose Jordan as the country
- – Phone displays emergency calls only with full signal
- – Nokia C5-00: C5 missing a game in care sw
I have not posted the full change-log since it’s pretty big containing more than 100 changes. Nokia C5 owners can find the full change-log here. Nokia C5 owners can update their handset either via OTA or by using Nokia Software Updater.
Since the Nokia C5 features UDP (User Data Preservation), users don’t need to make a backup of their data before proceeding with the firmware update.