A few days ago we told you how the Android 2.2 Froyo update will be available for Nexus One shortly, and earlier today we confirmed that few Nexus One users have already started to receive the Android 2.2 Froyo update.
If you are a N1 user and haven’t yet received an update to Android 2.2, you can do it manually by downloading the latest firmware and uploading it to your phone.
Here are the steps to upgrade your Nexus One to Android 2.2 Froyo, courtesy of Phandriod.com.
- Download the Android 2.2 firmware for the Nexus One here is the link to download
- Rename the file update.zip and copy it to your microSD card via USB. [Note: make sure the file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip.]
- Power down your Nexus One
- Hold down the Volume Downbutton as you power the phone back on.
- A screen should appear showing your phone’s system searching for various files. Scroll down to recoveryand press the Powerbutton.
- When you see the triangle with an exclamation point symbol, press the Powerand Volume Upbuttons at the same time.
- From the menu that appears, select Apply sdcard:update.zip.
- When the screen displays Install from sdcard completeselect reboot system nowand wait for the phone to power back up.
The latest update to Android 2.2 on the Nexus One should speedup your device by up-to 5 times, along with giving you options to tether you internet and more. So if you have been waiting for this update go ahead and follow the instructions listed above.