Motorola and Verizon have started rolling out a new software update for the Droid X2. Sadly, its not the Ice Cream Sandwich update that Droid X2 owners might be expecting. The Droid X2 won’t be getting a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich, even though it sports a dual-core processor. Blame Motorola and Verizon for this!
This new software update for the X2, which is also probably its last, fixes some bugs including a security patch fix from Google. Verizon like always has also taken this opportunity to add more bloat to the handset.
Below is the full change-log of the update -:
- Verizon Video and VZ Navigator 3D City are now pre-loaded.
- A Google security patch has been added to improve the security level.
- Purchased ringtones can now be saved and set.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Shortcut names can be updated and saved.
- The keyboard of Input Auto Error Correction settings defaults to off.
Via – Droid-Life