Motorola and Verizon have started rolling out a new software update for their business oriented Droid the Droid Pro.
The new software update (v2.26.60) is brings with it hosts of enhancements and bug fixes. The software update will improve the Bluetooth performance, voice call quality and the general performance and stability of the handset.
Here is the official change-log from Motorola :
- Improved audio on voice calls.
- Improved stability and performance.
- User interface display now refreshes when user switches from GSM/UMTS communication to Global Mode.
- Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
- Global Mode no longer resets when connecting to a USB charger.
- Visual Voice Mail now detects airplane mode while Wi-Fi is active.
- Prompt return to full screen brightness after wake-up.
- Upgraded Bluetooth firmware.
- Improved interoperability with Microsoft Internet Application Gateway (IAG) configurations.
- Device string format for Exchange changed to include device name and version number.
- Upgrade to Google applications Release 7.
- Improved audio during voice calls.
- Reduced user interface lock-ups.
Droid Pro users can manually check for the update, by going to Menu->Settings->About Phone and selecting the System Updates option.
Hopefully, Motorola will also release the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the Droid Pro sometime in the future.