The year is coming to a close and everyone is busy doing their own year-end analysis. We have already covered some of the more significant ones like the most popular YouTube videos and top Twitter trends for 2009. Now, the market research firm Nielsen has published a list of the most popular mobile phones in the U.S.
Top 10 Mobile Phones in Use (U.S.) January -October 2009
- Apple 3G iPhone - 4.00%
- RIM BlackBerry 8300 Series (Curve, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8350i) – 3.70%
- Motorola RAZR V3 series (V3, V3c, V3m, V3i, V3i DG, V3) – 2.30%
- LG VX9100 (enV2) – 2.10%
- LG Voyager – 1.70%
- Samsung SPH-M540 (Rant) – 1.50%
- RIM BlackBerry 9530 series (Storm) – 1.40%
- LG VX9700 (Dare) – 1.30%
- LG Vu series (CU915, CU920) – 1.30%
- RIM BlackBerry 8100 series (Pearl, 8110, 8120, 8129) – 1.20%
Apple’s success is nothing short of stunning and spectacular. They came out of nowhere and caught everyone unawares. Even Microsoft – whose initial reaction was to ridicule the iPhone, has been forced to admit that Apple caught them napping.
Nielsen also collected information on websites accessed using mobile phones, top brands and the top mobile video channels.