Samsung has rolled out a minor software update for the Sprint Epic 4G. The DI07 update should be available for all Epic owners at the time of reading this article. The DI07 software update fixes some bugs present in the software and optimizes it as well. This software update also adds Media Hub’ functionality to the 4G handset from Sprint.
Media Hub provides Epic owners access to the most popular movies and TV shows. Here is the official change-log from Samsung :
* Optimized – HotSpot in 3G idle mode to help conserve battery power
* Optimized – Applied Qualcomm patch for performance enhancement
* Added – Media Hub
* Modified – WiMAX exit delay
* Modified – UI “Noisey” One to “Noisy One”
* Fixed – 32GB mSD card is not recognized when formatted in device
* Fixed – When playing video, the playback is paused if a headset is connected/disconnected
* Fixed – Sorry popup when DRM file is selected in the Gallery
* Fixed – Hotspot registration/deregistration
The Epic 4G belongs to the Galaxy S series of handsets from Samsung. The phone features a 4-inch touch-screen with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. Hopefully, the Epic 4G will get its Android 2.2 update soon as well.