LG recently released a new firmware update for its budget smartphone, the LG Optimus S. This handset is the Sprint’s version of the popular LG Optimus One. The latest firmware update is numbered LS670ZV9 and it comes with Swype pre-installed along with normal bug fixes and enhancements. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Remote Wipe Command
- Enhanced password policies: length, alphanumeric, expiration, history, max failed attempts, inactivity lock, password recovery to the device.
- Set Out of Office messages from the device
- Accept/decline/tentatively accept meeting requests from the device
- Corporate directory contacts search while composing email
- Delete Exchange Calendar meeting requests and notify participants from the device
- Modifying an Exchange Calendar meeting request (change date/time, add/remove participats) and notify participants about the meeting modifications
- Add Swype keyboard functionality as an option when entering text
This firmware update is available Over-The-Air (OTA). You should backup all your data before updating the phone, just to make sure that no important files are lost during the installation.