Hot on the heels of the Gingerbread update for the Optimus One, Sprint and LG have started rolling out the Gingerbread update for their version of the Optimus One, the Optimus S. The Optimus S is a mid-range Android smartphone with a 3.2-inch screen, and a 600MHz processor along with 512MB of RAM.
The update is being rolled out via OTA (Over-The-Air) to existing Optimus S owners.
Below is the full change-log for the update :
- New on-screen keyboard. The standard keyboard has been greatly improved with faster input and more intuitive typing. The cut-and-paste feature has also been improved.
- Streamlined user interface. New color schemes and various UI changes make Android more consistent and simpler to use.
- Application and power management. Android 2.3 provides better insight into what is running in the background and the amount of memory and CPU time it is using. A task killer has been added.
- Download management. All downloads from the browser, email and other apps can now be viewed and controlled from a single location.
- General enhancements for performance improvements.
As you can see from the above change-log, the update brings the usual Gingerbread goodies and some updated core apps.