Last year, LG launched the Android powered LG Optimus Black in most of the European countries as well as in India. This handset comes with an unique NOVA display, which is designed to be the brightest, clearest and most readable among mobile screens with 700 nits of brightness for optimal visibility. The LG Optimus Black was originally launched with the Android 2.2 (Froyo) Operating System.
This handset was expected to get the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update last year, but it was delayed due to some unknown reasons. After waiting for nearly a year, the LG Optimus Black owners in Europe and India has a reason to cheer. LG has finally started rolling out the much-awaited Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) update for the powerful LG Optimus Black smartphone. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Improved power management
- Enhanced mobile gaming experience
- Improved UI to enable faster access and control and a more intuitive user experience
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste:
- Better Download management
- Support for new media formats such as AAC, AVC, MPEG 4 and H263
- New features and other improvements: active app management, shortcuts, widgets, icons, app groups, updated calendar options, camera geotagging, better email synching and more precise camera auto-focus.
- App updates and pre-loaded Google Plus app
This update is currently available only via LG Update tool. Sadly, this update is not available via OTA (Over-The-Air). It is advised to backup all you data before updating the device. You should also make sure that, the battery is fully charged before updating your phone. If you find something new, please let us know in the comments section below.