iPhone firmware 3.1 is out, here is a step by step guide to jailbreak iPhone 3.1 using PwnageTool 3.1 courtesy the iPhone Developer blog.
- If you are using a 3G iPhone with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should only upgrade to 3.1 with a PwnageTool created .ipsw. – Stay away from Apple’s direct updates as described here and here please get up to speed on the whole subject by reading the information contained in these posts.
- If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.1 unlock works with this PwnageTool release. iPhone 3G users upgrading to 3.1 will need to continue using ultrasn0w with a PwnageTool created 3.1 .ipsw
- Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
- Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
- Links to download PwanageTool 3.1 to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.
- This app is suitable for the recent 3.1 release.
- This version of PwnageTool will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS.
- PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G.
This does not support the 3GS or 2G/3G version of iPod touch. The development team is also planning to release a new version or redsn0w for both Mac OS X and Windows shortly.