Along with the ‘new iPad‘, Apple has also released iOS 5.1 to iDevice owners. This new version of iOS brings with it quite a few changes, bug fixes and new features. The most important change in the new version is that Siri now officially supports Japanese language. Secondly, users can also delete photos from their Photo Stream.
Other changes include a permanent camera shortcut icon on the lockscreen, battery life improvements, and more. Below the the full change-log of the update -:
- Japanese language support for Siri
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius Playlists for iTunes Match Subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Address bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls.