unrevoked was a very popular tool to get S-OFF and turn off NAND protection on older gen HTC Android handsets. However, the guys behind unrevoked have been out of action for nearly the whole of 2011.
Just when everyone thought that the folks behind unrevoked had given up, they team up with AplhaRev to release revolutionary. The team behind AlphaRev has been working on getting S-OFF on the latest batch of HTC devices, with a locked boot loader for quite sometime now.
revolutionary is an S-OFF tool which turns off the NAND protection on the 2011 line-up of Android handsets from HTC, which come with an encrypted boot loader.
Here is the list of devices which the tool supports :
Revolutionary currently supports the following Android phones and HBOOT versions:
- HTC Desire (bravo) 0.93.0001
- HTC Desire CDMA (bravoc) 1.06.0000
- HTC Wildfire (buzz) 1.01.0001
- HTC Aria (liberty) 1.02.0000
- HTC Incredible S (vivo) 1.09.0000 and 1.13.0000
- HTC Droid Incredible 2 (vivow) 0.97.0000
- HTC Desire S (saga) 0.98.0000 and 0.98.0002
- HTC View (express) 1.09.0000 and 1.13.0000
- HTC Flyer (flyer) 1.10.0000
- HTC Sensation (pyramid) 1.17.0006, .0008, .0011 and .0012
- HTC Evo 3D (shooter) 1.30.0000 and 1.40.0000
Revolutionary will permanently unlock NAND write protection by default on the following phones:
- HTC Sensation (pyramid)
- HTC Evo 3D (shooter)
Readers should keep in mind that S-OFF does not mean the handset is rooted. To get root access, users need to flash this file via recovery. The tool is in developer preview right now, so interested users need to provide their handsets serial number before they get a download link. Interested readers can find more info about revolutionary tool here.
Now, the wait begins for some awesome mods, kernels and custom ROMs for the EVO 3D, Sensation and Flyer begins!