HTC and Verizon are soon going to start rolling out a new software update for the ladies-droid, the Rhyme. The HTC Rhyme was released around September last year, and is a mid-range Droid targeted mainly towards female Droid lovers. While HTC and Verizon have confirmed that the Rhyme will be getting Ice Cream Sandwich, this new software update is a mere bug fixer. The Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Rhyme is expected to land sometime in late Q2 or early Q3.
Below is the full change-log of the software update (v2.20.605.3) via Android Police -:
- “ Ringtones” has been replaced with “Edit Home” when the Menu key is pressed on the home screen.
- Updated signal strength meter to 5 bar Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI).
- Mobile networks no longer disabled when using Power Saver.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
Device Dock Features
- Default applications in Dock Mode have been changed to “Phone” and “Calendar”.
- In-call volume control has been added to Dock Mode.
- “All Apps” option has been added to Dock Mode.
- Resolved issue of dock volume changing to 20%.
Applications & Widgets
- Device displays available music on the device and provides an option to purchase ringtones from the MOD application when a user is attempting to set a new ringtone through a prepopulated list.
- Mail shortcut now shows unread mail count.