HTC has started rolling out a new software update (v1.29) for its latest flagship – the One – that greatly improves the camera performance of the handset. The update is only available to the EU variant of the One, with the others variants slated to get the update over the next month or so.
The official change-log of the update is as follows -:
• Improvement to sound capture with Zoe
• Noise reduction in slow motion movie capture
• Improved color reproduction and dynamic range (reduced over-exposure in non-HDR images) in certain conditions
• Fix to display correct ISO in EXIF information when ISO settings are manually changed by the user
• Improved system performance and stability
However, there is more to this update than what the change-log suggests. The update brings about a massive improvement in the camera quality. How massive? See the image below from Android PIT for example -:
The update also improves the overall system performance and stability, along with the audio recording capabilities of the One in Zoe mode. If you own an EU model of the One, then the update should hit your phone within a couple of weeks. If not, sit tight and hope that HTC rolls out the update to other variants of the One soon as well.
Via – SlashGear