HTC has started rolling out the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for AT&T”s version of the Desire HD, the Inspire 4G. The software update brings a number of enhancements and features, including enhancements in Sense UI and the usual Gingerbread goodies.
Sadly, the update does not include the latest version of Sense (v3.0), which supports widgets and shortcuts on the lock screen. HTC however has tweaked the Sense UI to include toggles on the notification bar, along with an updated app drawer. The copy-&-paste method and battery life of the handset have also been tweaked.
Here is the full changelog from the folks over at Phandroid:
- Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread
- New HTC Senseâ„¢ features
- Updated Application Tray features
- Updated FriendStreamâ„¢ features
- Added Quick Settings in the Notifications window
- Improved Power Management function
- Improved media experience
- Various minor bug fixes
Inspire 4G owners can either wait for the OTA update to hit their phone, or they can manually download and install the update from here. Alternatively, they can pull the update from AT&T’s server by going to Settings->About Phone and selecting the Check for updates’ option.