Fed up with your 3G connection? Yes, just like you several others are too, which is why the next generation of network namely 4G is the most anticipated in the mobile circles. If you are in North America, the wait for using the 4G network just inched closer with Sprint announcing the first 4G phone in America, produced by HTC, and named HTC EVO 4G.
Sprint released a press release today, where they announced the availability of the first 4G phone in America, HTC EVO 4G with features including mobile video chat, simultaneous voice and data calls and HD video capture.
"HTC EVO 4G is a fantastic 3G device, but when you use it in our growing 4G coverage area, it becomes a multimedia powerhouse," said Dan Hesse, Sprint CEO. "The EVO 4G experience is much like going from TV to HDTV. But EVO has more than just an impressive list of features – it is also fun to use with remarkable gaming, video and web-browsing capabilities."
HTC EVO 4G runs on Android 2.1 and boasts a range of features which are bound to draw eyeballs including:
- Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while the conversation continues.
- Offering a new way to search with pictures instead of words, Google Goggles(TM) works with everything from books, DVDs and barcodes to landmarks, logos, artwork and wine labels.
- Superfast 1GHz Qualcomm(R) Snapdragon(TM) processor, ensuring a smooth and quick movement within phone menus.
- Two cameras – an 8.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allowing up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Integrated HD video capture with the ability to capture and share live video via the Qik Web site, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter(TM).
- Ability to easily watch video with the device on an HDTV via an HDMI cable (sold separately).
- Custom Web browser optimized for the 4.3 inch display and Sprint 4G speeds to deliver a full, no-compromise Internet experience.
- A handy kickstand built into the back, making it easy to watch videos on-the-go.
- Adobe Flash technology ensures that rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation, are displayed the way they are meant to be seen.
- Pinch-to-zoom and automatic text reflowing provide easy Web page views.
HTC EVO 4G will be available in all Sprint retail channels, including Sprint.com and national retail partners, RadioShack, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Sprint will price the award-winning device at $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate (taxes excluded) with a new line activation or eligible upgrade. Pre-registration is available now at www.sprint.com/evo.