HTC and Verizon have started rolling out a minor software update for the Droid Incredible 2. The update is mainly aimed at fixing some bugs, and also bumps the Android OS version to 2.3.4.
The software update carries the version number 4.04.605.1, and weighs in at 31.068MB.
Below is the full change-log for the update-:
- Improved Server connections for email sync. and Mail application stability
- Increased stability of Visual Voice Mail application
- Ability to dial the +1′ prefix when roaming internationally in CDMA markets
- Option to set Data roaming for all tripsor for individual trips
- Improvements in sending/receiving messages while roaming
Sadly, the software update does not bring Google Talk with video chatting facility, even though the Droid Incredible 2 has a front-facing camera.
It’s quite ironic that the Droid Incredible 2 not only got its Android 2.3 Gingerbread, along with Android 2.3.4 update before one of Verizon’s top-tier 4G LTE compatible Android handset, the Thunderbolt. I am pretty sure that the Thunderbolt owners must be pretty annoyed with HTC for this.
HTC reps have been telling Thunderbolt owners that they will be getting some Gingerbread love from the company by the end of September. Hopefully, this time HTC would be able to keep its promise, unlike the last time.