Android is one of the most powerful OS available today. We can even run debian applications on Android. To do so, ghostwalker at androidfanatic has made a custom Debian Shell for Android. The process is quite easy and it helps you to boot into a Debian shell which expands your reach to many new softwares. Just follow the steps below :
- You need to download a modded firmware update if you are using G1. Get it here.
- save the update.zip file on the SDcard
- Boot into recovery mode (home+power) then press alt+s to apply changes
- Download the installer for Debian Shell here.
- unzip the file and copy the folder debian to SDcard’s root.
- Go to /sdcard/debian through the terminal
- Type su
- Type chmod 4755 *
- run the installer by typing installer.sh
- Type bootdeb to mount and boot the debian system.
That’s it. This little mod is all it takes to run deb files on your Android.
Note: This mod does not in any way change your phone’s OS or harms it in any way.