Earlier today Motorola Droid received and OTA update version 2.0.1. If you have updated to the latest version, you might lose all your hacks.
All Droid has come up with a tutorial which will allow you to root Motorola Droid running Android 2.0.1 or earlier. Rooting Motorola Droid will allow you to run sufrom your adb shell.
Steps to Root Android 2.0.1
- Download the zip file from All Droid.
- Rename to "update.zip" and copy to the SD Card
- Power off the DROID and power back on while holding the X key
- When you see a "/!\" symbol, press both volume+ and camera
- Use the onscreen menu to install update.zip
Visit All Droid to read the rest of the tutorial.