With Halloween just around the corner, the time is ripe to get into the spirit of Halloween with some spooky Halloween apps. You can already dress up your computer for the festival of scares with Microsoft’s Eerie Autumn theme. Now, I will share a few Android apps that will help you prepare your mobile devices for the occasion.
- Countdown: Countdown the days to Halloween with Days 2 Halloween and Halloween Countdown (paid) widgets.
- Plan: Plan your Halloween party with the nifty Halloween Planner (paid) app.
- Dress up: Dress up your Android with Halloween wallpapers and themes.
- Wallpapers: You can use Halloween Wallpapers by Sancron to download free static Halloween wallpapers to your Android mobile phone. There are also quite a few nifty Halloween themed Live Wallpapers; however, all the good ones seem to be paid. I would recommend the ones from KittehFace Software, Access Lane, live wallpaper, BigMountainSoftware and Wolf Labs.
- Themes: Android doesn’t support themes out of the box. However, many of the 3rd party home screen apps are skinnable. Panda Home users can enjoy Owl’s Prayer and Dark Night Falling themes, while Open Home users can install the series of paid themes created by Bubamara for $1.33. There are quite a few Halloween themes for aHome users too. Happy Halloween for aHome is free, while Halloween Theme 1 and Halloween Themes are paid. Some of the other catchy Halloween themes (for PandaHome, Crazy Home, OpenHome, aHome, LiveHome & dxTop) are Disney Halloween , Pooh’s Halloween and Cutesy Halloween.
- Ringtones: Finally, choose an especially creepy ringtone to finish up preparing your device for Halloween. You can use any of the soundboards available in the market. The ones I liked are Halloween Soundboard Ringtones and Halloween Soundboard Scary apps.
Have a great Halloween and don’t forget to share your favorite Halloween Android apps.