Gionee Smartphones has announced the availability of Gionee Pioneer P2S in India. The colorful and stylish Android smartphone is available at an MOP of ₹6,499.
Powered by a 1.3 GHz dual core processor and 512MB RAM, the Pioneer P2S features a 4-inch display with 480×800 resolution. It’s disappointing though that the phone runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, while other budget phones in the market are offering Android KitKat. The P2S doesn’t cut corners in the camera department, and boasts of a VGA front camera along with a decent 5MP rear camera with LED flash. The in-built memory though is a modest 4GB, although you can extend it with a microSD card of up to 32GB. The Dual SIM, Dual standby supported P2S is backed by a 1600 mAh battery.
Gionee Pioneer P2S is not a major upgrade, but a progressive iteration of the Pioneer P2. The P2S is available in five colors – black, white, blue, yellow, and red.
Gionee Pioneer P2S Specifications
- 4.0-inch (480 x 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1.3 GHz dual-core processor with Mali 400 GPU
- 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with Dual Standby
- 5 MP rear camera with LED flash + 0.3MP front-facing camera
- 1600 mAh battery
- Thickness: 9.3mm | Weight: 124 grams