Another day, another firmware update for two Nokia phones. This time its the Nokia 5230 and the Nokia X6. The Nokia 5230 is a cheap touchscreen, which has a 3.2 inch resistive touchscreen display. The phone also has a 2MP fixed focus cam, 3G and GPS, but lacks Wi-Fi. The new firmware update is numbered v20.0.005
Here is the change log-:
- Improved Music Player
- Added Ovi Sync application,
- Kinetic Scrolling in Main Menu,
- Faster GPS Satellite fix,
- Overall speed of the system and Opening/Closing application speed has also increased.
Nokia also released a new firmware update for the Nokia X6. The Nokia X6 is an out and out music phone from the Finnish handset maker. It is the only phone from Nokia which uses the Capacitive touch display. The firmware update for the Nokia X6 is also numbered v20.0.05. The unofficial change log for the firmware is-:
- Kinetic scrolling in the menu(s)
- Faster system performance and smoother UI
- Web browser version has also been updated to 7.2.
- QuickOffice and Shazam application version have been updated
Both the phones feature UDP so users can update their device right from their phone, by using FOTA.